Service Desk Analyst
A little about Capital Power
Capital Power (TSX: CPX) is dedicated to powering a sustainable future for people and planet. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, we’re a growth-oriented North American power producer that creates innovative electricity solutions to electrify the world reliably and affordably while protecting the planet for future generations.
From Alberta to Alabama, we’re innovating power generation as a collaborative team of experts and innovators. We believe in empowering our people and supporting them with holistic benefits and programs so they can thrive in all aspects of life. We provide purpose-driven work in a safe, inclusive environment, and we live by our values. With us, your contributions matter. We’re here to partner with you so you can learn, innovate, and forge a career that’s meaningful to you. Join us in powering a clean energy future!
One Permanent Full Time Position.
Capital Power Corporation is currently seeking an innovative and results-oriented individual to join our Service Desk team!
Reporting to the Manager, Service Desk, the Service Desk Analyst acts as the initial point of contact for all customer facing IS incidents with-in Capital Power. This includes providing initial client support calls, along with supporting other IS teams through their involvement with daily tasks and regular follow ups.
You will contribute to our team by
- Providing routine support for clients with-in the environment via phone, email and in-person support.
- Providing responsive primary customer-focused support services for all Capital Power users, ensuring that appropriate warm hand offs are completed to second tier support teams with-in IS when required.
- Performing daily tasks as outlined in the procedural documentation, supporting such requirements as CSOX audit requirements, etc.
- Providing short-term support services that meets outlined “Service Level Agreements” with-in the Service Desk environment.
- Providing support services for both operations and capital project initiatives.
- Understanding and follow IT processes and practices, including General Computing Controls (GCC’s) to support CSOX requirements.
- Suggesting input and ideas to project managers and/or manager and peers in support of business and strategic goals relevant to the duties of the position.
- Participating in the resolution of technical problems.
- Applying appropriate trouble-shooting skills and ensure best-practice steps are followed.
- Escalating support issues to manager or tier two support when appropriate.
- Serving as an internal technical support resource related to the customer needs by supporting the technology and services provided by IS.
- Ensuring correct execution of support procedures is followed by adhering to documented processes and procedures.
- Ensuring that any anomalies are escalated to a manager or tier two support for direction.
- Ensuring all changes follow the change management process and are documented and approved.
- Collaborating with other team members within IS to increase collaboration and level of support provided by the Desktop team.
- Building relationships with clients to better support their needs.
What you will bring to the role
- 2 Year Technical Diploma in computer systems
- A+, MCSE or MCP designation are an asset.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a technical support environment.
- Fundamental knowledge and experience with the ITIL framework.
- Fundamental knowledge of a Service Desk
- General Service Desk Analyst skills
- Experience in providing support to business users and fellow employees.
- Experience with Service Now is an asset.
- Experience with remote support for PCs, laptops, mobile devices, printers, and network devices.
- Customer relationship skills, demonstrated responsiveness, analytical thinking, problem solving, and planning skills are required.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Office 365, and basic Active Directory, server, and networking.
- Hybrid Office/Work from home position.
- This position requires on occasional travel and is primarily via phone support.
- Required to be part of the afterhours on-call rotation.
Hours of Work: 7.5 hours a day, 37.5 hours a week
Union: CSU52 (T1)
In order to be considered for this role you must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Candidates may be required to complete a written assessment as part of the hiring process.
The successful candidate for this position will undergo an education verification, reference checks and criminal record check.
We believe that creating a culture that supports employee physical, mental, financial, and social wellbeing is critical to our success. That is why we provide flexible and affordability employee benefits, retirement savings, and paid time off programs. We also provide comprehensive onboarding, training, and programs supporting your career development.
Depending on the posting requirements relocation assistance may be available.
How To Apply and Next Steps
Capital Power only accepts resumes via online application at www.capitalpower.com/careers. If you choose to submit your resume by any other means, we cannot guarantee that your application will be considered for vacancies.
Applicants with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation to complete their application can request accessible formats, communication support, or other accessibility assistance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Capital Power is committed to providing a fair and transparent hiring process. We recognize and embrace the value of diversity and hire employees with the appropriate skills, experience and knowledge for each position.
Thank you for taking the time to apply and expressing interest in powering a sustainable future with Capital Power! We wish that we could personally respond to everyone who applies; however, it is our practice to contact only those individuals selected for interviews.
To apply on this position please go to www.capitalpower.com/careers and search for JR805388.