A little about Capital Power
Capital Power (TSX: CPX) is dedicated to powering a sustainable future for people and planet. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, we’re a growth oriented North American power producer that creates innovative electricity solutions to electrify the world reliably and affordably while protecting the planet for future generations. We’re passionate about our employees and place their entire wellbeing at the center of our people strategy. We are proud to foster a culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion; recognizing this is paramount to help grow our company and reach our net carbon neutral by 2045 goal. We’re proud to foster an inclusive environment where employees are empowered to be their best, make meaningful contributions and go home safe every day.
One Permanent Full Time Position.
We are seeking an innovative and motivated individual to join our Supply Chain Management team.
As a Purchasing Manager you will be accountable for the performance of high quality purchasing support to Operations, Construction, Business Development, Commercial projects and other corporate activities. This includes, ensuring that purchasing support for high-complexity purchasing requirements are supported, that the company goals of high safety requirements, on-time, and on-budget are supported in all work, and achieving the required outcomes within designated time spans.
You will contribute to our team by
- Handling procurement activity to support purchasing requirements of Capital Power departments.
- Providing analysis and leading development for the improvement of business tools such as ERP, Maximo, Oracle, BI, DocuSign and SharePoint.
- Monitoring adherence to, and supporting other SCM employees in maintaining compliance to Purchasing Policy and other related Policies.
- Proactively developing and managing strong collaborative relationships with internal and external partners including responding to emergent issues and developing work plans to resolve complex procurement issues.
- Promoting a dedicated, safe, accountable, focused and innovative department.
- Ensuring the delivery of optimal results against appropriate performance metrics. Metrics include proactively meeting customer expectations, on-time delivery of Purchase Orders and other procurement activities to support Capital Power departments, variance analysis and delivery of technical expertise.
- Being main point of contact and maintaining processes with key SCM support departments, such as Finance, Accounts Payable, to ensure that SCM support is enhanced.
- Following up on SCM issues to assist with the action plan and to ensure adequate resolution.
- Maintaining and developing expertise in SCM processes, supporting processes within Capital Power, and information system used by SCM so that optimal service delivery can be maintained.
- Developing and implementing integration plans for SCM support of new operations acquired by Capital Power.
- Supporting integration of purchasing/inventory functionality within CMMS system along with its integration into the corporate ERP software.
- Supporting activities around imports/exports to/from CPC facilities. Including maintaining relationship with CPC’s Customs Broker, and keeping associated intranet content up to date.
- Identifying, evaluating, assessing and recommending mitigation for all business risk associated with procurement for departments being supported.
- Maintaining proficiency in insurance and ensure that Capital Power contracts and POs align with insurance requirements.
- Maintaining SCM accountability in the use of ISNet for PO approvals including appropriate use of ISN ratings, H&S Risk Mitigation Plans (RMP’s) and insurance variance review.
- Managing the relationship with external contractors to ensure that work performed by contractors is well-planned, properly scheduled and monitored.
What you will bring to the role
- Completed Post-secondary education in Business, Finance or Accounting.
- Education equivalency may be considered.
- Professional Purchasing or Inventory designations such as SCM, SCMP, CPIM, CSCP or other accounting, supply chain or operations management related designation.
Experience and Skills:
- 3 to 5 years of experience related to corporate finance, purchasing, supply chain management, or inventory management.
- Prior experience leading teams is an asset.
- LEAN/Sig Sigma knowledge and experience an asset.
- Business analysis, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Strong negotiating and project management skill.
- Advanced Excel and ERP knowledge.
- Hybrid Office/Work from home position, with possible very minimal travel to meet business users at Capital Power facilities or other offices.
In order to be considered for this role you must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
The successful candidate for this position will undergo an education verification, reference checks and criminal record check.
We believe that creating a culture that supports employee physical, mental, financial, and social wellbeing is critical to our success. That is why we provide flexible and affordability employee benefits, retirement savings, and paid time off programs. We also provide comprehensive onboarding, training, and programs supporting your career development.
Depending on the posting requirements relocation assistance may be available.
How To Apply and Next Steps
Capital Power only accepts resumes via online application at www.capitalpower.com/careers. If you choose to submit your resume by any other means, we cannot guarantee that your application will be considered for vacancies.
Applicants with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation to complete their application can request accessible formats, communication support, or other accessibility assistance by contacting email@example.com.
Capital Power is committed to providing a fair and transparent hiring process. We recognize and embrace the value of diversity and hire employees with the appropriate skills, experience and knowledge for each position.
Thank you for taking the time to apply and expressing interest in powering a sustainable future with Capital Power! We wish that we could personally respond to everyone who applies; however, it is our practice to contact only those individuals selected for interviews.
To apply on this position please go to www.capitalpower.com/careers and search for JR805432.