ERP Business Solutions Specialist
A little about Capital Power
Capital Power (TSX: CPX) is dedicated to powering a sustainable future for people and planet. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, we’re a growth-oriented North American power producer that creates innovative electricity solutions to electrify the world reliably and affordably while protecting the planet for future generations.
From Alberta to Alabama, we’re innovating power generation as a collaborative team of experts and innovators. We believe in empowering our people and supporting them with holistic benefits and programs so they can thrive in all aspects of life. We provide purpose-driven work in a safe, inclusive environment, and we live by our values. With us, your contributions matter. We’re here to partner with you so you can learn, innovate, and forge a career that’s meaningful to you. Join us in powering a clean energy future!
One Permanent Full Time Position.
Do you want to work for a fast-growing organization that is focused on sustainable growth, is committed to a low carbon future, and believes in innovation?
We at Capital Power Corporation are currently seeking an experienced individual to join our dynamic business applications team!
Reporting to the Manager, ERP Business Solutions, the ERP Business Solutions Specialist you are accountable for supporting an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) portfolio of enterprise-level vendor supported applications. These applications support corporate operations, capital projects, and financial reporting. Scope of work includes actively developing, enhancing, and maintaining applications, applying business and technical expertise to correct incidents and problems according to prescribed delivery methods. This will be achieved through active consultation with clients, peers, and managers to develop technical and business solutions within the portfolio supported.
You will contribute to our team by
- Supporting a diverse set of Oracle applications including Oracle eBusiness Suite, Primavera Unifier, Primavera P6, and a suite of Hyperion products.
- Evolving into subject matter expert for the portfolio of supported applications and business processes.
- Providing highly responsive and customer-focused support for all ERP applications.
- Participating in application maintenance to ensure reliability and security, including contribution to the testing and validation of security patches, version upgrades, modifying and enhancing code and performing on-going data management tasks.
- Participating in an analyst role for both operations and capital project initiatives.
- Using independent research and various problem-solving approaches to perform root cause analysis leading to solution identification and delivery.
- As part of a team or independently, meeting business needs by delivering long-term, cost-effective solutions beyond specific problem resolution.
- Adhering to IT processes and best practices including change management, source control, operational documentation, application and cyber security awareness and data access control.
- Assisting with disaster recovery/continuity of operations planning and testing as required.
- Collaborating with business stakeholders to identify and document requirements and translating into efficient solutions providing business value.
- Providing input into assessments of technical and business solutions and recommending cost effective solutions that meet or exceed business needs.
- Collaborating with peers to understand best practices in supporting applications to increase efficiency.
What you will bring to the role
- Degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or 2-year Diploma equivalent.
- Educational equivalency may be considered.
- Three to five years of experience in supporting, developing, and enhancing corporate applications and/or business processes. Previous ERP experience is an asset.
- Three to five years of experience working in a corporate environment with particular focus on enterprise-level business applications.
- Two to three years of experience advising on and improving internal processes for an application support team.
- System configuration and support experience with enterprise scale applications.
- System analysis and design experience specifically focused on highly visible high availability corporate systems.
- One to two years’ experience in Structured Query Language (SQL) within an Oracle or SQL Server environment.
- One to two years’ experience in report construction – XML Publisher, Power BI, Tableau or equivalent.
- Application testing experience organizing and executing test plans against business processes.
- Some knowledge of ITIL and related support processes with a good understanding of change management processes.
- Customer relationship skills, demonstrated responsiveness, analytical thinking, problem solving, and planning skills are required.
- Hybrid Office/Work from home position, with possible very minimal travel to meet business users at Capital Power facilities or other offices.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
Hours of Work: 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week
Union: CSU52 (IT2)
Wage: $54.44 – $64.93
In order to be considered for this role you must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
The successful candidate for this position will undergo an education verification, reference checks and criminal record check.
We believe that creating a culture that supports employee physical, mental, financial, and social wellbeing is critical to our success. That is why we provide flexible and affordability employee benefits, retirement savings, and paid time off programs. We also provide comprehensive onboarding, training, and programs supporting your career development.
Depending on the posting requirements relocation assistance may be available.
How To Apply and Next Steps
Capital Power only accepts resumes via online application at www.capitalpower.com/careers. If you choose to submit your resume by any other means, we cannot guarantee that your application will be considered for vacancies.
Applicants with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation to complete their application can request accessible formats, communication support, or other accessibility assistance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Capital Power is committed to providing a fair and transparent hiring process. We recognize and embrace the value of diversity and hire employees with the appropriate skills, experience and knowledge for each position.
Thank you for taking the time to apply and expressing interest in powering a sustainable future with Capital Power! We wish that we could personally respond to everyone who applies; however, it is our practice to contact only those individuals selected for interviews.
To apply on this position please go to www.capitalpower.com/careers and search for JR805531.