Senior Cyber Security Analyst
A little about Capital Power
Capital Power (TSX: CPX) is dedicated to powering a sustainable future for people and planet. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, we’re a growth-oriented North American power producer that creates innovative electricity solutions to electrify the world reliably and affordably while protecting the planet for future generations.
From Alberta to Alabama, we’re innovating power generation as a collaborative team of experts and innovators. We believe in empowering our people and supporting them with holistic benefits and programs so they can thrive in all aspects of life. We provide purpose-driven work in a safe, inclusive environment, and we live by our values. With us, your contributions matter. We’re here to partner with you so you can learn, innovate, and forge a career that’s meaningful to you. Join us in powering a clean energy future!
One Permanent Full Time Position.
Are you looking to be a part of a team that embraces innovation and fosters creativity?
Capital Power Corporation is currently seeking an innovative and results-oriented individual to join our dynamic Cyber Security team!
Reporting to the Director, Cyber Security and Architecture, as the Senior Cyber Security Analyst you are responsible for the implementation and day to day operations of Capital Power’s Cyber Security program, also providing a significant contribution to the ongoing development of the program. This includes making sure all the right steps are taken to secure the business network, from monitoring to implementation of controls; helping to ensure success of the Cyber Security program.
You will contribute to our team by
- Supporting highly sophisticated and diverse set of network/security hardware and services for multiple business areas.
- Coordinating and performing appropriate maintenance of highly sophisticated functions to ensure reliable and secure performance of the security systems, including but not limited to applying security patches, implementing version upgrades, modifying, and improving services and performing ongoing operational management tasks.
- Contributing to an overall Cyber Security governance strategy, standards, and operational procedures.
- Ensuring that all IS business units are informed and follow the IS Security Standards.
- Providing oversight and ensure all security related controls (CSOX, etc.) are followed and completed accurately and that service levels are met.
- Providing Cyber Security and risk assessments for new networks, services and devices as the need arises.
- Participating in the Cyber Security Incident response plan, carrying out tests of the plan, leading the investigation on cyber incidents, and providing oversight to everything cyber security related.
- Ensuring that regular vulnerability scans are conducted and followed up on.
- Ensuring that security process runbooks and processes are update to date, accurate and tested.
- Participating in the development and regular updates to key performance metrics.
- Providing experienced level cyber security guidance to ensure operations are secure.
- Providing expert technical advice to business stakeholders, management, and peers in support of business and strategic goals relevant to the duties of the position.
- Assessing technical solutions based on the financial impact to the Capital Power, and recommending cost effective solutions that meets business needs.
- Participating in the resolution of technical problems; This includes ensuring root cause and Cyber Security Incident reviews are completed and documented.
- Providing larger organization systems solutions that crosses multiple business areas.
- Ensuring accurate execution of business procedures is performed with minimal checks and balance, including GCC and ITIL standard methodologies.
- Ensuring that all cyber security considerations are done as it relates to new software, services, or changes to the infrastructure.
- Ensuring members of the IS team complete their responsibilities as it relates to the Cyber Security standards and procedures.
- Participating in the Vendor Risk management process to ensure risks are defined, documented, and tracked.
- Ensuring risks are tracked in the risk register and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Working collaboratively with OT to focus on standardized approaches are used where possible.
- Collaborating and building relationships with external vendors to convey Capital Power’s enhancements requests within supported security infrastructure.
What you will bring to the role
- Diploma or Degree in Computing Science, Computer Engineering, or Management Information Systems.
- Degree in Business with extensive related experience will be considered.
CISSP (or must be able to achieve CISSP certification within 2 years of employment).
- 5+ years’ experience with design, support, maintenance, and integration of large-scale IT infrastructure systems, with a specialization in networking and security.
- 3+ years in system support, maintenance, and support role.
- Advanced understanding of the TCP/IP protocol, including troubleshooting techniques such as packet capture and analysis.
- Network switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Next-Generation Firewall features.
- Alert queue prioritization and management.
- Incident investigation and response.
- Use of SIEM and EDR platforms.
- Vulnerability and patch management.
- Privileged access management.
- Windows Desktop and Server along with associated services and components.
- Familiarity with Linux or UNIX command-line.
- Leveraging remote administration and access tools.
- Ability to analyze and act on logs and events.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL and related support processes, with a strong understanding of the ITIL change management process.
- Programming and scripting skills, especially querying, and integrating with RESTful APIs is seen as an asset.
- Hybrid Office/Work from home position, with possible very minimal travel to meet business users at Capital Power facilities or other offices.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
In order to be considered for this role you must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
The successful candidate for this position will undergo an education verification, reference checks and criminal record check.
We believe that creating a culture that supports employee physical, mental, financial, and social wellbeing is critical to our success. That is why we provide flexible and affordable employee benefits, retirement savings, and paid time off programs. We also provide comprehensive onboarding, training, and programs supporting your career development.
Depending on the posting requirements relocation assistance may be available.
How To Apply and Next Steps
Capital Power only accepts resumes via online application at www.capitalpower.com/careers. If you choose to submit your resume by any other means, we cannot guarantee that your application will be considered for vacancies.
Applicants with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation to complete their application can request accessible formats, communication support, or other accessibility assistance by contacting email@example.com.
Capital Power is committed to providing a fair and transparent hiring process. We recognize and embrace the value of diversity and hire employees with the appropriate skills, experience and knowledge for each position.
Thank you for taking the time to apply and expressing interest in powering a sustainable future with Capital Power! We wish that we could personally respond to everyone who applies; however, it is our practice to contact only those individuals selected for interviews.
To apply on this position please go to www.capitalpower.com/careers and search for JR805539.