O&M Performance Specialist, Thermal Assets
A little about Capital Power
Capital Power (TSX: CPX) is dedicated to powering a sustainable future for people and planet. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, we’re a growth oriented North American power producer that creates innovative electricity solutions to electrify the world reliably and affordably while protecting the planet for future generations. We’re passionate about our employees and place their entire wellbeing at the center of our people strategy. We are proud to foster a culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion; recognizing this is paramount to help grow our company and reach our net carbon neutral by 2050 goal. We’re proud to foster an inclusive environment where employees are empowered to be their best, make meaningful contributions and go home safe every day.
One Permanent Full Time Position.
We at Capital Power Corporation are currently seeking a motivated individual to join our Data Operations Center team!
The O&M Performance Specialist, Thermal Assets is responsible for analyzing and monitoring the performance of the Capital Power Thermal fleet. They will develop and maintain analytical tools to solve highly complex and highly diverse problems as they impact the operation of the fleet. You are accountable for maintaining a thorough understanding of the thermal assets and the source and uses of operational data from them.
You will contribute to our team by
- Developing, implementing, maintaining, and interpreting highly complex and highly diverse Thermal equipment models to provide mid-term gains in production and availability.
- Contributing to highly complex cross functional initiatives to meet and exceed Thermal fleet performance targets. Lead moderately complex projects to optimize the Capital Power Thermal fleet.
- Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the performance management of Thermal Assets, educating others on the use of analytical tools to manage assets.
- Providing recommendations into the operation and maintenance of Thermal assets, with decisions impacting the operational and financial performance of the fleet.
- Providing input into the Technical Data Operations Center business plan and strategic goals.
- Collecting, reviewing, and interpreting feedback from diverse groups as to the effectiveness of the analytical tools used to manage the Thermal fleet.
- Resolving highly diverse, highly complex, unprecedented problems related to the operation of Thermal assets. Using a data driven approach to troubleshooting and performance improvement initiatives.
- Providing recommendations for new and/or improved analytical tools and processes for the Thermal fleet.
- Providing input into organizational change within the Technical – Data Operations Center group.
- Developing and interpreting analytical models with limited external review.
- Limited supervision with periodic check-ins and goal setting, not detailed work review or assignment.
- Regularly responding to production risks by engaging appropriate SMEs including Operations, HSE and Engineering.
- Acting as a role model in demonstrating HSE aware behaviour; and adhering to HSE procedures/rules and standards.
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with diverse senior level staff in other departments, including IS, Operations, HSE and Engineering.
- Collaborating with external parties including other Operators, OEMs, Industry Knowledge Authorities, and analytical tool vendors.
- Acting as a mentor to peers with respect to the use and analysis of data and encourage their development in this area.
What you will bring to the role
- Engineering Degree or Engineering Technologist Diploma or First Class Steam ticket.
- Education equivalency may be considered.
- 5 to 9 years of related experience.
- Data Analysis of complex and multivariate data sets
- Technical and Operational understanding of Thermal Assets
- Project Management
- Communication (Written and Oral)
- Hybrid Office/Work from home position, with possible very minimal travel to meet business users at Capital Power facilities or other offices.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
In order to be considered for this role you must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
As this is a safety sensitive position, clearance of a pre-employment drug & alcohol test is required.
The successful candidate for this position will undergo an education verification, reference checks and criminal record check.
We offer a highly flexible benefits and wellbeing program, comprehensive onboarding and training, and various development opportunities to support your success and personal growth.
How To Apply and Next Steps
Capital Power only accepts resumes via online application at www.capitalpower.com/careers. If you choose to submit your resume by any other means, we cannot guarantee that your application will be considered for vacancies.
Applicants with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation to complete their application can request accessible formats, communication support, or other accessibility assistance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Capital Power is committed to providing a fair and transparent hiring process. We recognize and embrace the value of diversity and hire employees with the appropriate skills, experience and knowledge for each position.
Thank you for taking the time to apply and expressing interest in powering a sustainable future with Capital Power! We wish that we could personally respond to everyone who applies; however, it is our practice to contact only those individuals selected for interviews.
To apply on this position please go to www.capitalpower.com/careers and search for JR805332.