IT Project Manager
A little about Capital Power
Capital Power (TSX: CPX) is dedicated to powering a sustainable future for people and planet. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, we’re a growth-oriented North American power producer that creates innovative electricity solutions to electrify the world reliably and affordably while protecting the planet for future generations.
From Alberta to Alabama, we’re innovating power generation as a collaborative team of experts and innovators. We believe in empowering our people and supporting them with holistic benefits and programs so they can thrive in all aspects of life. We provide purpose-driven work in a safe, inclusive environment, and we live by our values. With us, your contributions matter. We’re here to partner with you so you can learn, innovate, and forge a career that’s meaningful to you. Join us in powering a clean energy future!
One Permanent Full Time Position.
Do you want to work for a fast-growing organization that is focused on sustainable growth, is committed to a low carbon future, and believes in innovation?
We at Capital Power Corporation are currently seeking a technically inclined, results oriented Information Technology (IT) Project Management profession to join our IS Shared Services team!
Reporting to the Director, IS, Shared Services, as the IT Project Manager you will undertake day-to-day leadership of IT projects and teams, ensuring that the project delivers the intended value to the stakeholder(s). You will be accountable to meet each project’s specific objectives, while complying with CPC’s System Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology and other internal standards and policies.
You will contribute to our team by
- Delivering highly complex projects in support of the business needs including effective budgeting, planning, and execution of all tasks across the project lifecycle.
- Developing deliverables within the context of Information Services operating and capital project portfolio business plan. Deliverables may include but are not limited to the Project Proposal, Project Charter, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Risk and Issues Registers, Change Requests, Lessons Learned, and Phase End Sign Off.
- Ensuring the delivery of optimal results against appropriate performance metrics, including completion of project deliverables within 10% of estimates, conformance to System Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) requirements and meeting project sponsors and stakeholder expectations.
- Developing, implementing, and reviewing processes to ensure compliance to policies, standards, and regulatory requirements and ensuring mitigation of risks.
- Managing issues within the project team, escalating unresolvable issues to Project Sponsor and Steering Committee.
- Overseeing work packages to ensure that they are planned, assigned, and delivered as required by the project schedule.
- Adhering to the change management process for new infrastructure or systems being deployed to the production environment.
- Ensuring project deliverables are transitioned into operations following the agreed process and procedures.
- Ensuring relevant Subject Matter Experts are engaged in all phases of projects.
- Maintaining appropriate and effective communication among stakeholders.
- Ensuring required closure documentation has been completed and approved during the project closure phase.
What you will bring to the role
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, IT Project Management, or related area.
- May consider a combination of degree and sufficient related experience.
- Formal project management training.
- PMP or similar certification (preferred).
- 5+ years of experience with IT project control processes across full project lifecycle.
- 5+ years of experience with managing medium to large scale IT system implementations.
- Experience with managing IT infrastructure projects (preferred).
- Experience with MS-Project Online or similar project management software.
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Proven strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently ensuring delivery on-time and within budget.
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with strong skills in verbal and written communication.
- Hybrid Office/Work from home position, with possible very minimal travel to meet business users at Capital Power facilities or other offices.
- Out of business hours and overtime may be required.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
In order to be considered for this role you must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
The successful candidate for this position will undergo an education verification, reference checks and criminal record check.
We believe that creating a culture that supports employee physical, mental, financial, and social wellbeing is critical to our success. That is why we provide flexible and affordable employee benefits, retirement savings, and paid time off programs. We also provide comprehensive onboarding, training, and programs supporting your career development.
Depending on the posting requirements relocation assistance may be available.
How To Apply and Next Steps
Capital Power only accepts resumes via online application at www.capitalpower.com/careers. If you choose to submit your resume by any other means, we cannot guarantee that your application will be considered for vacancies.
Applicants with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation to complete their application can request accessible formats, communication support, or other accessibility assistance by contacting email@example.com.
Capital Power is committed to providing a fair and transparent hiring process. We recognize and embrace the value of diversity and hire employees with the appropriate skills, experience and knowledge for each position.
Thank you for taking the time to apply and expressing interest in powering a sustainable future with Capital Power! We wish that we could personally respond to everyone who applies; however, it is our practice to contact only those individuals selected for interviews.
To apply on this position please go to www.capitalpower.com/careers and search for JR805671.