A little about Capital Power
Capital Power (TSX: CPX) is dedicated to powering a sustainable future for people and planet. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, we’re a growth oriented North American power producer that creates innovative electricity solutions to electrify the world reliably and affordably while protecting the planet for future generations. We’re passionate about our employees and place their entire wellbeing at the center of our people strategy. We are proud to foster a culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion; recognizing this is paramount to help grow our company and reach our net carbon neutral by 2050 goal. We’re proud to foster an inclusive environment where employees are empowered to be their best, make meaningful contributions and go home safe every day.
One Permanent Full Time Position.
Do you want to work for a fast-growing organization which is focused on sustainable growth, committed to a low carbon future, and believes in innovation?
We at Capital Power Corporation are currently seeking an experienced individual to join our ETRM applications team.
Reporting to the Manager, ETRM Solutions, the Systems Professional is accountable for technical support and maintenance of application used in commodity management business process. This includes both ensuring these applications are well implemented, maintained, and supported, and are achieving the required outcomes.
You will contribute to our team by
- Providing responsive and customer-focused application support services for business groups that are part of the commodity management business process.
- Overseeing and performing appropriate application maintenance of complex functions to ensure reliable and secure performance of the incumbent applications, including but not limited to applying security patches, implementing version upgrades, modifying, and enhancing code and performing on-going data management tasks.
- Providing support services that meets outlined “Service Level Agreements” in these highly complex “systems” environment.
- Providing development services for both operations and project initiatives.
- Understanding and following professional IT practices within the Systems Delivery Life Cycle.
- Providing input to financial assessments of technical solutions and recommending cost effective solutions that meet business needs.
- Providing input and assisting with disaster recovery/continuity of operations planning and testing for ETRM Applications.
- Assessing technical solutions based on the financial impact to the Capital Power and recommending to ETRM Apps manager on cost effective solutions that meets business needs application packaging.
- Resolving complex technical problems. Apply appropriate trouble-shooting skills and ensure best-practice steps are followed in developing, testing, and implementing solutions.
- Participating in proof of concepts to determine best fit solution for Capital Power.
- Providing input into organization systems solutions that cross multiple business areas.
- Ensuring correct execution of systems procedures is executed with some checks and balance.
- Collaborating with our business areas to understand their requirements and translate them into efficient ETRM application solutions that provide business value.
- Collaborating and building relationships with external vendors to resolve and/or convey Capital Power’s issues or enhancements requests.
What you will bring to the role
- Degree in Computing Science, Computer Engineering, or Management Information Systems.
- Education equivalency may be considered.
- 5+ years’ experience in supporting, developing, and enhancing large scale corporate applications.
- Experience gathering business requirements and analyzing complex requirements in order to implement sound, scalable technical solutions.
- Experience with the support and maintenance of an ETRM/CTRM system (preferably Allegro Horizon) is an asset.
- Experience with the support and maintenance of pricing repository systems like ZE/ZEMA is an asset
- Experience with the maintenance, development, and support of ETRM/CTRM system integrations with external trading platforms and software (ICE, WebTrader, Market ISOs, etc.) is an asset.
- Understanding of “trade to cash” business process supporting commodity trading business is an asset.
- Understanding of Power, Natural Gas, and Emissions commodity markets throughout North America is an asset.
- System integration and support experience; specifically, for “commercial off the shelf” products.
- Systems analysis and design experience; specifically, analysis and programming for high availability corporate systems.
- Minimum three years’ experience in query writing using SQL against a commercial database such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or Snowflake.
- Minimum three years’ experience in Microsoft .NET C# programming.
- Application testing skills, how to organize and execute a test plan.
- Ability to communicate highly technical information in a clear and concise manner to peers and business representatives.
- Customer relationship skills, demonstrated responsiveness, analytical thinking, problem solving, and planning skills are required.
- Knowledge of the Systems Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) including custom-build and commercial off the shelf (COTS) implementation frameworks.
- Hybrid Office/Work from home position.
- Minimal travel required to meet business users at the plants, or to other Capital Power offices.
- Out of business hours and overtime may be required.
- As required, participation in the on-call rotation schedule.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
In order to be considered for this role you must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
The successful candidate for this position will undergo an education verification, reference checks and criminal record check.
We believe that creating a culture that supports employee physical, mental, financial, and social wellbeing is critical to our success. That is why we provide flexible and affordability employee benefits, retirement savings, and paid time off programs. We also provide comprehensive onboarding, training, and programs supporting your career development.
Depending on the posting requirements relocation assistance may be available.
How To Apply and Next Steps
Capital Power only accepts resumes via online application at www.capitalpower.com/careers. If you choose to submit your resume by any other means, we cannot guarantee that your application will be considered for vacancies.
Applicants with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation to complete their application can request accessible formats, communication support, or other accessibility assistance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Capital Power is committed to providing a fair and transparent hiring process. We recognize and embrace the value of diversity and hire employees with the appropriate skills, experience and knowledge for each position.
Thank you for taking the time to apply and expressing interest in powering a sustainable future with Capital Power! We wish that we could personally respond to everyone who applies; however, it is our practice to contact only those individuals selected for interviews.
To apply on this position please go to www.capitalpower.com/careers and search for JR805308.